List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KIO Digest Authentication
From:       "Narayan Newton" <narayannewton () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-06-14 19:47:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi all,

I am working on an application that requires xml-rpc support. I found a
small xml-rpc client library in KDE svn and am quite happy with it, however,
I am going to need to add Digest AUTH to it. I can do this, but want to make
sure I am not missing anything. This library uses KIO::http_put and I see
that KIO::HTTPProtocol does appear to support Digest Authentication.
However, these twains don't appear to meet. I don't claim to really
understand how these fit together though, so I wanted to ask "the people" if
anyone knows if there is a "built-in" way to do Digest AUTH through
KIO::http_put? Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

--Narayan Newton