List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: SoC mentor for khtml
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-04-28 7:17:42

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

LiuCougar wrote:
>Hi,
>I'd like to apply for a khtml related project for SoC 2006.
>
>It seems to me that no one is currently listed as mentors for khtml
>related stuffs in
>http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDE%20Google%20SoC%202006%20idea
>s#id403846
>
>anyone interested in mentoring?

Hello

Nice to see you again. Mentors will be assigned to all projects, even if
you can't find one before you apply. Don't worry about that.

But you may want to discuss your ideas with the KHTML hackers. They hang
out in kfm-devel@kde.org. (They have an IRC channel, I think)

>Another query is whether the intended target is  kde 4 or kde 3? (I
>hope it's the former)

KDE 4 for existing code in KDE. KDE 3 is permanently feature-frozen,
except for the partial lift of
features-already-implemented-in-trunk-that-we-have-been-testing-for-a-while
(see kde-core-devel for more information).

  thiago.macieira (AT) trolltech.com     Trolltech AS
    GPG: 0x6EF45358                   |  Sandakerveien 116,
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C          |  NO-0402
    966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358          |  Oslo, Norway