List:       kde-devel
Subject:    SoC mentor for khtml
From:       LiuCougar <liucougar () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-04-28 4:47:24

Hi,
I'd like to apply for a khtml related project for SoC 2006.

It seems to me that no one is currently listed as mentors for khtml
related stuffs in
http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDE%20Google%20SoC%202006%20ideas#id403846

anyone interested in mentoring?

In addition, the ideas about khtml are too brief to anticipate the workload.

The "Rewrite DOM 2 traversal code" item, does it refer to
Document Object Model (DOM) Level 2 Traversal and Range Specification
(http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Traversal-Range/)
or only
Document Object Model Traversal
(http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Traversal-Range/traversal.html)

I searched in http://www.khtml.info/ and google for information about
current status for DOM 2 traversal, with no much outcome .

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_layout_engines_%28DOM%29#Traversal
only one render engine (Presto) implements all Traversal interface,
while gecko finishes about half.

Another query is whether the intended target is  kde 4 or kde 3? (I
hope it's the former)

thanks,
Cougar
- Old Chinese adage