List:       kde-devel
Subject:    [kde4] completion widget not working?
From:       Harshad <harshad.rj () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-04-28 5:32:07

Hi!

I am relatively new to KDE. I am trying to setup a auto-completion widget.
I have this simple code,

    {
        KLineEdit *le = new KLineEdit();
        KCompletion *comp = le->completionObject();

        comp->addItem ("Paladin");
        comp->addItem ("Palace");
        comp->addItem ("Pyrmidin");
        comp->addItem ("Knight");
        comp->addItem ("Knoll");
        comp->addItem ("Kde");
        comp->addItem ("Minister");

        mainSplitter->addWidget(le);
    }

Now, the completion works fine for "automatic" and "short-automatic". But if I
select "drop-down" then there is no popup window offering completions. What
am I doing wrong?

--
Harshad