List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: SoC mentor for khtml
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-04-28 9:14:20

On Friday, 28. April 2006 06:47, LiuCougar wrote:

> anyone interested in mentoring?

If the person that did add this entry to the page doesn't step up, contact me
again please :)

> In addition, the ideas about khtml are too brief to anticipate the
> workload.

It is a rather isolated sub-part of the engine. while dependencies to the
other parts exists, I think it should be manageable.

> The "Rewrite DOM 2 traversal code" item, does it refer to
> Document Object Model (DOM) Level 2 Traversal and Range Specification

Yes, the complete spec.

> I searched in http://www.khtml.info/ and google for information about
> current status for DOM 2 traversal, with no much outcome .

we have range and walkers
(http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/3.5/kdelibs/khtml/dom/dom2_traversal.cpp?rev=465272&view=log)
but they weren#t maintained for a long time.

> Another query is whether the intended target is  kde 4 or kde 3? (I
> hope it's the former)

I think the target should be KDE 4.

--
Dirk//\