List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Strange goings on with Juk (FC3, KDE Branch 3.5)
From:       Michael Pyne <pynm0001 () unf ! edu>
Date:       2005-10-01 18:39:48

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 01 October 2005 02:09, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 00:35:03 -0500
>
> "Steven P. Ulrick" <lists@afolkey2.net> wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 17:54:56 -0400
> >
> > Michael Pyne <pynm0001@unf.edu> wrote:
> > > Perhaps you should try narrowing it down to the libraries that only
> > > JuK and amarok have in common.  Possibly musicbrainz?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >  - Michael Pyne
> >
> > Hello, Michael
> > Well, after a recent full update of KDE from Branch 3.5, Amarok seems
> > to be linked correctly.  At least it's better than it was, and the
> > Amarok version number and the KDE version that it uses seems to be
> > correct.
> > For your enjoyment/amusement, here is a pdf of a spread sheet that I
> > did comparing the output of ldd on amarok and juk:
> > http://www.afolkey2.net/Juk-Amaraok_Libraries.pdf

Steven,

The spreadsheet is interesting (I didn't know that amarok managed to avoid
linking to all those libraries :).  Possibly the problem lies in one of the
extra libraries used by JuK pulling in a different set of the KDE libraries.
So let's see what extra ones JuK uses:

libakode <-- Correct

libarts* <-- (Possibly) incorrect, but these don't link against KDE anyways so
they shouldn't be the problem.

libfam, libesd <-- Not related.

libg* <-- Libraries used by gstreamer, so they shouldn't pull in the KDE
libraries either.

libk* <-- These are the incorrect libraries, probably pulled in by something
further down in the list.

libmad <-- Not related.

libmcop <-- Part of aRts, shouldn't link against KDE.

libogg, libpcre*, libposix, libpopt <-- Not related.

libqtmcop <-- Part of aRts (I think), shouldn't be related.

libsoundserver_idl <-- Part of aRts (I think), shouldn't be related.

libtag <-- TagLib.  This is also used by Amarok, I wonder if amarok is a
wrapper binary to the real program?

libvorbis* <-- Not related.

So, I'm not sure what would be pulling in the wrong JuK libraries.  Since
you've already set LD_LIBRARY_PATH I'm not sure what else to suggest.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne