List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Strange goings on with Juk (FC3, KDE Branch 3.5)
From:       "Steven P. Ulrick" <lists () afolkey2 ! net>
Date:       2005-10-04 22:40:04

On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 14:39:48 -0400
Michael Pyne <pynm0001@unf.edu> wrote:

> So, I'm not sure what would be pulling in the wrong JuK libraries.
> Since you've already set LD_LIBRARY_PATH I'm not sure what else to
> suggest.
>
> Regards,
>  - Michael Pyne

Hello, Michael :)
I have an idea, which I am getting started on right now.  I am doing a
fresh download of arts, libs, kdebase and kdemultimedia.  The plan is
to compile and install just those modules (in a completely different
path) and see if Juk continues to link to the wrong libraries.  In the
meantime, I have something else I might try.  But I won't say what it
is, in case I am biting off more than I can chew :)

Steven P. Ulrick

P.S.: One thing I did recently, BEFORE this problem with Juk started,
was I compiled kdemultimedia and installed it, ran "unsermake
uninstall" and then recompiled with some (to me) completely useless
applications removed from the "subdirs" file.  Could something have
went awry(?) when I did that?  If you want, I can just completely
remove KDE from Branch 3.5 from our system, and start over.  I might
anyway, but if you like that I idea, let me know.