List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Proposal: New playground/extragear module: emulation or
From:       Michaël_Larouche <kuramadoushi.shock () globetrotter ! net>
Date:       2005-09-28 0:58:43

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Le September 27, 2005 10:00, Randy Kramer a écrit :
> On Tuesday 27 September 2005 08:26 am, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> > I think I can answer this:
> > no, I think tthis module would be for emulators of old hardware, like
> > home computers and arcade game machines, for which plenty of games exist
> > already.
>
> Thanks for the clarification!
>
> So my earlier brainstorming was not anywhere on point.  Trying again:

>    * karcade (confusing to pronounce, I mean kay-arcade, it looks like
> car-cade)
>    * karcsim (similar to above, I mean kay-arc-sim, but it looks like
> carc-sim)
>    * kayarcsim (or k-arcsim)
>    * kayarcade (or k-arcade)
>    * kayoldgames (...)
>    * kgamesim
>    * ???
>    * ...
>
> Randy Kramer

> >> unsubscribe <<

Emulation scene is not limited only to Arcade Machine emulator aka MAME.
I'm more a guy from the Nintendo generation instead ;)

I have thinked another place where all KDE related emulators projects could
go.
"utils/emulation"
because most of them are frontends to another application(s). But that imply a
sub-module into a bigger module.
Ex of the subtree:
utils/emulation/kfile_plugins
utils/emulation/kamefu
utils/emulation/ewok
utils/emulation/kmamelon
utils/emulation/sidplay2_artsplugin
utils/emulation/gst-spc
etc...

It's still only a proposal, because for now I just have myself developed a
prototype of Kamefu and some kfile_plugins.
But for now(as today), I could just put my Kamefu application and my
kfile_plugins under
playground/games/kamefu
playground/games/kamefu/kfile_plugins
which is a more appropriate place for this project only.

Kamefu(KDE All Machine Emulator Frontend for UNIX, but it's mostly a
collection manager) is for me a fun/side project that I work on it when I
have free time of my other priorities, mainly with school, real life and
others KDE projects like Kopete mostly , and other more important areas in
KDE.
--
Michaël Larouche (Shock The Dark Mage)
KDE developer working on Kopete, KEmul/Kamefu...on dial-up :P