List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-developer]  Designing a Better Font Selection Widget for
From:       "Alastair M. Robinson" <blackfive () fakenhamweb ! co ! uk>
Date:       2005-09-28 0:42:32

Hi,

Edward H. Trager wrote:

> I welcome the community's suggestions and criticisms --

One easily overlooked feature which I consider to be most important is
keyboard support.

In many Windows apps (and OpenOffice), I can type the first few
characters into the font selector combo and that's usually enough to
narrow it down to the font I'm going to use.  This feature makes an
*incredible* difference to working efficiency.

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson