List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: A new style for KDE4?
From:       Michael Pyne <pynm0001 () comcast ! net>
Date:       2005-09-03 22:43:22

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

> Its not as exclusive as Aqua/Brushed Metal it but it still has an unique
> look. What do you think?

Judging by the beginning of your email I was expecting it to look absolutely
horrible, just like Mac OS X and Windows XP.  ("LOOK!!  I'm so distinctive
because I use all these colors that just GLARE AND CLASH GWRARARARRA!")

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with Plastik, and I've
certainly never confused it for Windows, Mac OS, or even GTK+.

However your sketch is intriguing.  I would ask that the contrast between the
scrollbar and window background be improved, along with the contrast between
the scrollbar slider and the scrollbar background.  If you can't put a border
on the up/down button at the bottom, at least put a border at the top so you
tell where the "up button" part begins and the scrollbar pager ends.

Other than that, it's a good job, (but for the reason Plastik was good, it's
clean and functional, even if that means it doesn't use Iridescent
Ultraviolet everywhere).

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne