List:       kde-devel
Subject:    DCOP call via atjob?
From:       Andreas Silberstorff <ml () andreas-silberstorff ! de>
Date:       2005-09-03 22:47:23

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi.
Can someone tell me if a DCOP call via an at job is possible at all and if so
how I could do that?

Kalva is scheduling movie recordings via at. I would like to send a DCOP call
to kalva from the job after the recording is done. I want a potentially
running kalva instance to reread the movie manager when a recording actually
did happen.

I tried this command as an at job:

"/opt/kde3/bin/dcop kalva DCOP_kalva DcopMovieManagerRead"

(as a test I had send that via echo into the at queue.)

This is the result (recieved via mail):

Output from your job 180
ERROR: Couldn't attach to DCOP server!

I guess this is a result of at jobs not running in the same context. I wonder
(and hope seriously) if I could help the atd with environment variables to
get access to the dcop server.

Can someone help?
Yours,
Andreas