List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: A new style for KDE4?
From:       Alain-Serge Nagni <alainsergenagni () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2005-09-04 10:32:21

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,
 I think that your are right and your screen-shop looks pretty cool.

See you.
Alain-Serge

Florian Roth <florian@synatic.net> wrote:
Hi,

I'm just wondering if we should create a new widget style for KDE4 which
makes it look more exclusive as Plastik does. I really like the Plastik
style but it's nothing outstanding or something you remember well, if
you have seen it once. I mean everybody who sees MaxOS X with its
Aqua/Brushed Metal style remembers it because of its unique style. What
I want is that a screenshot or any presentation of a KDE4 desktop should
be as easy to recognize as a KDE just like it is now with MacOS X.
With this idea in mind I found the following screenshot on KDE-Look.org:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/eriollsdesigns/various/fake-panel%20setup.jpg
Its not as exclusive as Aqua/Brushed Metal it but it still has an unique
look. What do you think?

Greets
Florian

http://mail.yahoo.com