List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kicker Applet Issue
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-06-10 17:22:51

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 10 June 2005 10:30, Randy Carnahan wrote:
> ...meaning, after the label change, the font color is *still* the one I
> chose in the config dialog, even though it was displayed in Black when
> it's repainted -- by what, is still the mystery and the bug.

so i decided to take a quick look, and look what i found in
kdebase/kicker/kicker/core/container_applet.cpp:

<-- snip -->
void AppletContainer::setBackground()
{
    // can happen in perverse moments when an applet isn't loaded but the
contanier
    // get's asked to update it's bground anyways
    if (!_applet)
        return;

    _applet->unsetPalette();
<-- snip -->

try setting the palette not on the applet widget itself but it's children (or
a child widget). the palette clearing seen above is necessary to make changes
between backgrounds at run time work properly, though it's probably a bit
heavy handed. it really only needs to mess with the background property.

try replacing:

    _applet->unsetPalette();

with:

    _aplet->setPaletteBackgroundPixmap(QPixmap());

and see if that works better with your applet. if it does, try changing the
background settings of the panel (transparent, non-transparent, background,
no background, etc) and see if it all still works properly.

assuming you have kicker's sources around =) if not. .... let me know and i'll
try and get the testing done...

--
Aaron J. Seigo