List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kicker Applet Issue
From:       Randy Carnahan <rcarn () chartermi ! net>
Date:       2005-06-10 16:30:54

On Friday 10 June 2005 12:20, Randy Carnahan wrote:

> Anyone have any idea how I can get some debug output once the applet
> is in the kicker, without resorting to using kmessagebox's?  Is the
> output redirected to some log file someplace?

Bah, nevermind.  self.smack()

I changed the cout's to cerr's and the output is placed in
~/.xsession-errors

That said, once the applet is placed in the kicker panel, the *code* is
behaving as intended:

Initial Color: #ffffff
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
  Major opcode:  20
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0x2000850
Config Chosen Color: #748293
deskFontColor after label change: #748293
Actual Widget Foreground color  : #748293
deskFontColor after label change: #748293 <-- deskFontColor.name()
Actual Widget Foreground color  : #748293 <-- foregroundColor().name()

...meaning, after the label change, the font color is *still* the one I
chose in the config dialog, even though it was displayed in Black when
it's repainted -- by what, is still the mystery and the bug.

Randy