List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: 3.4's defaults
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2005-05-03 17:24:41

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 03 May 2005 16:09, Brendan wrote:
> On Sunday 01 May 2005 07:53 am, Marc Espie wrote:
> > In article <200504281023.08310.faure@kde.org> you write:
> > >Well, in 8 years I have never moved out my .kde.
> >
> > I remember moving my .kde out a few times.  I didn't want to wade
>
> So does everyone I know, except for David.
> Apparently, he has settings made of iron.

David's point was that you don't have to move out the whole .kde directory if
you only want to remove the config, .kde/share/config would be enough.

And yes, it is convenient to tell users who changed their configs and don't
know back just to move .kde, but as they loose other data like bookmarks as
well, it might already be a good idea to tell them to move .kde/share/config

Cheers,
Kevin
--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer@gmx.at>