List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Chinese lunar calender support and improvement for existing
From:       LiuCougar <liucougar () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-05-03 18:26:01

On 5/3/05, Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher@kde.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 May 2005 04:24, LiuCougar wrote:
> > I just looked at the sources of CalendarDecoration. It seems to me
> > that, when Jewish plugin is enabled, only the current day can be
> > attached with its corresponding Jewish date, right?
> >
> > Ideally, like in paper based Chinese calendar, I'd like to add these
> > info directly to the KDatePicker, so each day will have its
> > corresponding chinese lunar date displayed as well, not only the
> > current day which has the info displayed in another widget (the main
> > widget on the right of korganizor).
> >
> > Do you think this request is reasonable?
>
> Yes, KOrganizer doesn't yet make use of the CalendarDecoration plugins at all
> locations where it makes sense. This should be improved.
Now I am playing with a test program (called kalendar), which has its
only implementation of KDatePicker, and now I'd like to add my own
KDataTable.

IMO, the requirements for the new KDataTable is as follows:
1. the available info of each day, is supplied by plugins
2. In each of the cell (a day), the layout of the information is
customizable by the user (this including whether or not a specific
info should be displayed or not)

My proposed way of implementing this is to provide a XML document
type, and each plugins can insert its own info into the doc: all
information from enabled plugins are made available in the XML doc.
What and how to present to the user in each cell in KDataTable is
determined by a xslt transform file (like the way in kopete chat
window customization)

Comments are highly welcomed. Thanks.

Regards,
Cougar