List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Allow money donations for precise bugs
From:       Maurizio Colucci <seguso.forever () tin ! it>
Date:       2005-03-14 21:32:21

Miles Stevenson wrote:
> On Monday 14 March 2005 11:24 am, Maurizio Colucci wrote:
>
>>If they *really* were to go away, they would be a minority of very fanatic,
>>or very antidemocratic, or very stupid, people. So, IMHO, it would be
>>better to loose them.
>

> Perhaps we should scale down the name calling and attempt a more constructive
> conversation of this issue.
>
> From what I understand, many KDE developers (I am not one of them) are against
> trading money for features/bugfixes because they feel that KDE will become a
> "user-centric" desktop,

I have just written a post where I explain why IMHO this is absolutely false.
  The title is "Apologies and clearing of misunderstandings".

> meaning that they will have to start producing what
> the users want instead of what the developers want.
>
> On the surface, this seems reasonable. It is generally assumed that users
> (meaning users without any software development or design experience) want
> useless features because they don't know what works best, while developers
> want the "right" features, whatever that is.

This problem is clearly dealt with in the post mentioned above. Exceuse me if
I don't duplicate the answer here.

I appreciate and agree with the rest of your post.

Maurizio