List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Allow money donations for precise bugs
From:       Alexander Dymo <adymo () mksat ! net>
Date:       2005-03-14 22:38:55

On Monday 14 March 2005 21:24, Maurizio Colucci wrote:
> If they *really* were to go away, they would be a minority of very fanatic,
> or very antidemocratic...
Ah :) Then consider me as a communist :))) At least in that case I'll have to
stay and fight you ;)

Ok, taking the situation seriously. Maurizio, it's not the first time your
ideas are not accepted well by KDE people. I personally think there nothing
really wrong with those ideas. I read a lot of your specs about file
management and found them rather interesting. In general, I also partially
support your money management idea (I'm all for making easier for people to
donate but I can't see how can guarantees you insist on can be carried).

The only thing you do wrong is how you introduce your money proposal. Public
and heated discussion with flames and wars will not motivate a developer
to implement features you're asking for. And I can agree with Heiner that
the motivation can only be lost in this case (for example, the anger I
had after reading osnews threads was not really motivating ;)).

I think now it's time to close the thread and... start implementing your
(money management) ideas. Yes, that's the only way free software works.
If people like your implementation they will use it ;) Most likely you will be
able to convince people with a working implementation. Sole "politics"
and wapourware are not convincing enough.

--
Alexander Dymo
ICST Department, National University of Shipbuilding, Mykolayiv, Ukraine