List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Allow money donations for precise bugs
From:       Maurizio Colucci <seguso.forever () tin ! it>
Date:       2005-03-12 10:15:31

Michal Vaner (Vorner) wrote:
> Well, this seems to me like "If you won't pay, it won't be implemented.." and
> thats what M$ does. Do you think it is OK?

If it solves the problem of OSS disregarding ordinary users, yes.

> But the idea is not entirely wrong, in my opinion. But I would change it.
> Allow people to send money, if they want and any developer that would
> implemented would get them, no matter, how much they sent. It would be some
> kind of motivation.

Personally I would not donate without *some kind* of guarantee that my money
gets used for that purpose. Maybe it's just me...

> But the problem would be, how to divide the money, if
> more people work on it.

Yes, this is a problem. OTOH, even with a single-developer restriction, this
would be better tha nothing. The approach would still be appliable to small
features. Or for long time limits.

Maurizio