List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Allow money donations for precise bugs
From:       Maurizio Colucci <seguso.forever () tin ! it>
Date:       2005-03-12 10:11:10

Michael Buesch wrote:
> Quoting Maurizio Colucci <seguso.forever@tin.it>:
>
>>    (a)  if the 5000$ threshold was reached, Jack begins working, and he
>>         *must* deliver within 3 months.
>

> And you still believe that this does not hurt the code quality?
> Dream on.

Michael, I am just trying to solve a problem here. I don't believe I've got
the best solution. However, to get to your objection... somewhere in this
thread, I discussed about relaxing this constraint. I said "maybe we could at
least guarantee the feature will be *worked on*".

I'm sure a good compromise can be found.

> We will have the same situation as currently commercial/proprietary vendors
> have. Release everything on time, regardless of how bad/buggy it is.
>
> This would _hurt_ KDE. It won't help KDE in any way.
>
> If someone wants to donate something, she is free to do so.
> Where's the problem?

It about giving incentives. The problem is that I want to donate for a
precise feature. Otherwise I won't donate. I want a bit of control over how
my money is used. This makes all the difference IMHO.