List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Questions about splitting kdebase into a plethora of packages
From:       Alejandro Exojo <suy () kurly ! org>
Date:       2005-02-13 19:54:58

El Jueves, 10 de Febrero de 2005 21:31, Lauri Watts escribió:
> And debian has historically generated far out of proportion numbers of
> support issues about missing dependencies, or users not knowing what to

This is not very common, but if happens, is a bug, and a user should
understand that running debian unstable, means that _sometimes_ packages have
bugs. (Why a debian user runs unstable, is because stable, which ships KDE
2.2, is pretty old for a desktop user, but this a Debian issue.)

> install to get a specific item on KDE IRC channels at least.  Oddly not
> really on the mailing lists or newsgroups, I suppose people writing mail
> tend to direct those to the debian lists.

Sorry if they disturb with distro-related problems in general channels or
lists, feel free to point them to the debian-kde list or channel. But IMHO,
the way debian packages, is very very useful: I can install just JuK, without
to install the whole kdemultimedia, or just Kpdf without the rest of
kdegraphics, and a big etc.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2
http://darkshines.net/ - Jabber ID: suy@bulmalug.net