List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: QT for Windows released under GPL
From:       Unai Garro <ugarro () telefonica ! net>
Date:       2005-02-10 6:18:26

On Wednesday 09 February 2005 21:13, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> even with KDE as the shell on a Windows kernel, you'd still likely be able
> to play games and run win32 apps that don't run on Linux/BSD, not to
> mention have a wider selection of drivers. so no, you won't be able to get
> the same thing from Linux/BSD kernels.

Agreed, although I guess at this point (having the same  desktop on different
kernels) the choice would be of manufacturers, producing software for the
platform(s) of choice, rather than users.

I don't think at that point many software companies would care about what
kernel they code for, unless they're producing 3d hw-accelerated games and
similar. Btw, I'd love to see winders as only-for-gamers platform ;)