On Wednesday 09 February 2005 21:13, Aaron J. Seigo wrote: > even with KDE as the shell on a Windows kernel, you'd still likely be able > to play games and run win32 apps that don't run on Linux/BSD, not to > mention have a wider selection of drivers. so no, you won't be able to get > the same thing from Linux/BSD kernels. Agreed, although I guess at this point (having the same desktop on different kernels) the choice would be of manufacturers, producing software for the platform(s) of choice, rather than users. I don't think at that point many software companies would care about what kernel they code for, unless they're producing 3d hw-accelerated games and similar. Btw, I'd love to see winders as only-for-gamers platform ;) >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<