List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Superlous configuration?
From:       Alexander Neundorf <neundorf () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-01-05 22:15:10

On Wednesday 05 January 2005 23:00, kde-devel-request@mail.kde.org wrote:
> > > and with the KDE philosophy of clicking means run,
> > > selection requires you to either drag a selection area around it or
> > > using
> >
> > Wrong. Try holding CTRL and pressing up/down in Konq.
>
> If *I* do this, multiple files get selected. I'm not sure this is the
> expected result.
>
> If you want just on option "Move to trash" that's okay, but there are many
> people also wanting "Delete". I think you cannot decide for all the others.

Are we talking about the list or the icon views ?
About the listviews:
-pressing up or down doesn't change the selection
-space toggles selection of the current item
-insert toggles selection of the current item and moves to the next item
-ctrl+up or down toggles current and moves to the next
-shift+up or down selects current item and moves to the next, deselects
everything selected before
-ctrl+"+" let's you select files via wildcard
-ctrl+"-" let's you deselect files via wildcard
-ctrl+"*" toggles the selection of all items
-ctrl+"a" selects everything

so, to select one item:
-press space
-or press insert