List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Linux/BSD distribution
From:       Michael Pyne <pynm0001 () unf ! edu>
Date:       2004-10-27 2:19:27

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 10:00 pm, Jason Voegele wrote:
> Unfortunately, that doesn't really help for those of us on laptops, where
> we regularly shutdown our systems at least daily.

Yeah, I could see that being a problem. =D

> Now, if there is some sort of "pick up where you left off" feature to
> Gentoo's portage system, that could make it much less painful for mobile
> users.

I was under the impression that there was.

/me checks...

Actually Portage has an --resume command-line option.  I've never used it so I
can't say how it works, but it looks like they've already thought of that.
There is also a --noreplace option that doesn't install packages that are
already installed, which is useful for re-using the same command line.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne