List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Linux/BSD distribution
From:       "Jason Voegele" <jason () jvoegele ! com>
Date:       2004-10-27 2:00:19

Michael Pyne said:
> On Tuesday 26 October 2004 10:21 am, Sylvain "Skarsnik" Colinet wrote:
>> I try gentoo on my ibook. Damed !, need near 2 days for compiling kde
>> environement, so when I update a month later, 3 days for the entire
>> system.
>> I thinks it's not a good distribution for users, newbies or not
>
> I wish people would find something different to complain about with
> Gentoo,
> it's not like you can't *use* your system while it's compiling.

Unfortunately, that doesn't really help for those of us on laptops, where
we regularly shutdown our systems at least daily.

Now, if there is some sort of "pick up where you left off" feature to
Gentoo's portage system, that could make it much less painful for mobile
users.

--
Jason Voegele
"There is an essential core at the center of each man and woman that