On Tuesday 26 October 2004 10:00 pm, Jason Voegele wrote: > Unfortunately, that doesn't really help for those of us on laptops, where > we regularly shutdown our systems at least daily. Yeah, I could see that being a problem. =D > Now, if there is some sort of "pick up where you left off" feature to > Gentoo's portage system, that could make it much less painful for mobile > users. I was under the impression that there was. /me checks... Actually Portage has an --resume command-line option. I've never used it so I can't say how it works, but it looks like they've already thought of that. There is also a --noreplace option that doesn't install packages that are already installed, which is useful for re-using the same command line. Regards, - Michael Pyne >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<