List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Problem with Konqeror after recent update from CVS HEAD
From:       "Steven P. Ulrick" <ulrick2 () faith4miracle ! org>
Date:       2004-10-26 18:43:07

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 13:29, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> 5. I then open up my home directory using the method descibed in step 2
> above, the underlying command still being "kfmclient openProfile
> filemanagement"  I am greeted with the unfortunate sight that the hidden
> directories and files are still visible.  But it gets worse: when I try to
> go through the process above again, just to see if I did something stupid,
> I am greeted with the unfortunate revelation that instead of Eleven
> possible choices on the "View" menu, there are only Five.  I will give
> links to screen shots later in this message that will show you before and
> after view of the "View Menu"  The biggest problem is that one of the items
> that has dissapeared from the "View" menu is "Show Hidden Files"  So if I
> want to use "kfmclient openProfile filemanagement"  without hidden
> directories and files visible, I need to remove my Konqueror related config
> files, and be sure to never save any "View Profiles"
>
> Here are screen shots of the Desired and the Undesired "View" menu as
> referred to above:
> http://www.faith4miracle.org/ViewMenu-Desired.jpg
> http://www.faith4miracle.org/ViewMenu-Undesired.jpg

Hello, Again
I discovered that the "View" menu is not the only one that is truncated after
I restart "kfmclient openProfile filemanagement" following the saving of my
altered profile.

Here are screenshots of the Desired and the Undesired Konqueror menus,
appropriately named:
http://www.faith4miracle.org/Edit-Desired.jpg
http://www.faith4miracle.org/Edit-UnDesired.jpg
http://www.faith4miracle.org/Go-Desired.jpg
http://www.faith4miracle.org/Go-UnDesired.jpg
http://www.faith4miracle.org/Tools-Desired.jpg
http://www.faith4miracle.org/Tools-UnDesired.jpg

Also, the menus do not become truncated until after I restart Konqueror.

Steven P. Ulrick