On Tuesday 26 October 2004 13:29, Steven P. Ulrick wrote: > 5. I then open up my home directory using the method descibed in step 2 > above, the underlying command still being "kfmclient openProfile > filemanagement" I am greeted with the unfortunate sight that the hidden > directories and files are still visible. But it gets worse: when I try to > go through the process above again, just to see if I did something stupid, > I am greeted with the unfortunate revelation that instead of Eleven > possible choices on the "View" menu, there are only Five. I will give > links to screen shots later in this message that will show you before and > after view of the "View Menu" The biggest problem is that one of the items > that has dissapeared from the "View" menu is "Show Hidden Files" So if I > want to use "kfmclient openProfile filemanagement" without hidden > directories and files visible, I need to remove my Konqueror related config > files, and be sure to never save any "View Profiles" > > Here are screen shots of the Desired and the Undesired "View" menu as > referred to above: > http://www.faith4miracle.org/ViewMenu-Desired.jpg > http://www.faith4miracle.org/ViewMenu-Undesired.jpg Hello, Again I discovered that the "View" menu is not the only one that is truncated after I restart "kfmclient openProfile filemanagement" following the saving of my altered profile. Here are screenshots of the Desired and the Undesired Konqueror menus, appropriately named: http://www.faith4miracle.org/Edit-Desired.jpg http://www.faith4miracle.org/Edit-UnDesired.jpg http://www.faith4miracle.org/Go-Desired.jpg http://www.faith4miracle.org/Go-UnDesired.jpg http://www.faith4miracle.org/Tools-Desired.jpg http://www.faith4miracle.org/Tools-UnDesired.jpg Also, the menus do not become truncated until after I restart Konqueror. Steven P. Ulrick >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<