List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: new KFile plugin
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2004-05-26 23:54:41

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Martin Koller wrote:
>- As the .lnk file contains information where I can find another file
> (a little bit like a symlink), it would be nice if I can double-click
> on that file and konqi forwards me to that file (opens it). How can I
> achieve this ? Somehow I have to pass the contained path with smb://
> to konqi ...

I think you have to write a small helper application that gets run when
you click that file. The application should then be responsible for
KIO::get()ting the file, decoding it and launching the appropriate
application through the appropriate class (I don't know which one).

The other option would be to have Konqueror do that, but I don't think
that would be acceptable by the Konqi devels. You can ask, though.

Where to place it? Initially in kdenonbeta, most surely. When it's
deemed to be stable enough, it can be moved to kdeaddons. Of course,
all this pending approval by the responsible people.

--
  Thiago Macieira  -  Registered Linux user #65028
   thiago (AT) macieira (DOT) info