List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: User Settings issues
From:       Shift <shift () free ! fr>
Date:       2004-01-31 20:17:05

Le samedi 31 Janvier 2004 20:06, praveen kandikuppa a écrit :
> Hi,

Hi,

>      I wanted to point out a suggestion regarding the
> current design of "file associations". Usually an
> application handles a set of mimetypes, hence one
> logical place to set the preferred application<->mime
> type would be application wise. For eg. I would like
> kplayer to handle all the video types it can handle
> and juk to handle all the audio types it can handle.
> but this is difficult to accomplish. Currently you
> have to search for all the video mime types and for
> each one put kplayer to be the preferred app. Is there
> some way the mime types can be set on a per
> application basis. This would seem to be a good
> option. An application can have some sort of settings
> page to accomplish this and global support in the libs
> would be very good in my opinion.

It allready exists.
In Konqueror choose "Go to" > "Applications" in the menu (or something similar
'cause my KDE is in French).
The go to the application you want to configure. Right-click on it and choose
"Properties". Here you have a tab "Application" where you can configure what
you are talking about.