Le samedi 31 Janvier 2004 20:06, praveen kandikuppa a écrit : > Hi, Hi, > I wanted to point out a suggestion regarding the > current design of "file associations". Usually an > application handles a set of mimetypes, hence one > logical place to set the preferred application<->mime > type would be application wise. For eg. I would like > kplayer to handle all the video types it can handle > and juk to handle all the audio types it can handle. > but this is difficult to accomplish. Currently you > have to search for all the video mime types and for > each one put kplayer to be the preferred app. Is there > some way the mime types can be set on a per > application basis. This would seem to be a good > option. An application can have some sort of settings > page to accomplish this and global support in the libs > would be very good in my opinion. It allready exists. In Konqueror choose "Go to" > "Applications" in the menu (or something similar 'cause my KDE is in French). The go to the application you want to configure. Right-click on it and choose "Properties". Here you have a tab "Application" where you can configure what you are talking about. > Another issue is settings do not get > properly updated between kde versions. When migrating > from kde 3.1 to 3.2 kicker panel icon arrangement was > messed up. I had a quick launch panel for which the > settings were lost. Some menu entries didn't have > icons. I had an issues with settings of some other > applications. Could this be a packaging issue or has > somebody else faced these problems. Can't all this be > done transparently?. > What do you think of this? Should i submit a > bug report for this. > > regards > praveen. > > > > __________________________________ > Do you Yahoo!? > Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free web site building tool. Try it! > http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/ > > >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to > >> unsubscribe << >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<