List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: autorun?!
From:       Troels Tolstrup <troels () tolstrup ! org>
Date:       2003-08-23 11:06:55

On Saturday 23 August 2003 04:05, Michael Pyne wrote:
> I liked the idea of having it as a KPersonalizer setting option,
> especially since it would be on by default in Windows-style.  Perhaps the
> setting should always be mentioned in KPersonalizer, but I don't like the
> idea of having to manually disable it, I have enough trouble just
> remembering to pay my bills on time. ;)

Why should it only be default for people choosing the windows style? Just
because it is inspired by how windows does things doesn't mean that only
ex-windows users find it useful.

I guess we should disable all wizards and popups for non-ex-windows users
too right? Or is it only things you don't turn off?

IMO good defaults are very important, and i don't really think kpersonlizer
should influence those very much. Imagine someone who are used to the
"windows" settings chooses "kde" by accident (or just closed
kpersonalizer), and now the system acts totally differently. Is it easy for
him to get what he thought was default behavior back? I don't believe it
is. (and i don't like kpersonalizer as it is because of this)

Mvh
Troels