List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: quick tab access in konqueror
From:       Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde () carewolf ! com>
Date:       2003-08-07 12:48:50

On Thursday 07 August 2003 14:25, Jos van den Oever wrote:

> In Konsole, you can use shift+left and shift+right to change tabs and you
> can use shift+pgup and shift+pgdown to move up and down in the terminal
> history. Do you know why these keys are intercepted and not sent to the
> application running inside Konsole?

Yes. Konsole is a terminal emulator. The original terminals did not have arrow
buttons or pgup and pgdown. When these buttons where invented they were sent
to terminal applications using short-cuts. The arrows are often send as a
CTRL+A - CTRL+D if I remember correctly, but there is no standard for how
these buttons are send when modified. Therefore it is safe to intercept
special buttons when modified like Shift+Left or CTRL+PageUp.

`Allan