List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KProcess issue with suid root programs
From:       Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-06-21 9:42:53

On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 08:12:05AM +0200, Sebastian Trueg wrote:
> I am using KProcess in K3b to start cdrecord which is configured to
> run with root privileges.

yes, we already know. next time try to imagine _why_ nobody answered
your mail instead of reposting it almost 1:1.

> But it is not able to change it's priority with setPriority
> which works when I run it from a konsole.

to me this sounds like "what's the difference between a sparrow?".

anyway, just a few hints:
- setRunPrivileged applies only if the _parent_ is setuid root. however,
  that will never be the case if KApplication was already instantiated
  in that process.
- setPriority(<less than the current prio>) works only if the _parent_
  has root permissions; either by setuid or by inherited "native" root.

greetings