List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KProcess issue with suid root programs
From:       Sebastian Trueg <sebastian () trueg ! de>
Date:       2003-06-21 6:12:05

Hy,

I am using KProcess in K3b to start cdrecord which is configured to run with
root privileges. But it is not able to change it's priority with setPriority
which works when I run it from a konsole.
The strange thing is that accessing the devices is no problem so "some" of the
root permissons seem to work... (I konw that this does not make much sense!)
Changing the runPrivileged settings does not change anything.
Can anyone think of any solution to this problem?

Cheers,
Sebastian