On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 08:12:05AM +0200, Sebastian Trueg wrote: > I am using KProcess in K3b to start cdrecord which is configured to > run with root privileges. > yes, we already know. next time try to imagine _why_ nobody answered your mail instead of reposting it almost 1:1. > But it is not able to change it's priority with setPriority > which works when I run it from a konsole. > to me this sounds like "what's the difference between a sparrow?". anyway, just a few hints: - setRunPrivileged applies only if the _parent_ is setuid root. however, that will never be the case if KApplication was already instantiated in that process. - setPriority() works only if the _parent_ has root permissions; either by setuid or by inherited "native" root. greetings -- Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature, please! -- Chaos, panic, and disorder - my work here is done. >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<