List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Konqueror font problems
From:       Lasse Jansson <lasse () solstiernan ! nu>
Date:       2002-06-27 19:28:34

Hi, I'm not subscribed, so if someone answers, please cc to
lasse@solstiernan.nu

Baseline:
* KDE from the head branch as of yesterday (020626)
* RH 7.2, with all relevant library updates etc.

1. I have some problems with the display of correct fonts from the ISO8859-1
(swedish characters) table.

Problem: the swedish character å is replaced by the character Í

- This problem seem related to Konqueror only, and not the rest of the KDE
apps
(e.g. I copy the text where the problem occurs to e.g. Kedit, where I use the
Arial font and the problem character is displayed correctly. OK, so I select
Arial at all entrys in the Konqueror/web browser/font settings dialogue, but
the problem remains)

- A funny thing: When I fetch one of the problematic web pages (e.g.
www.dn.se), for a short while the page is rendered once, but with too large
fonts and during this phase no font problems appear. And then, when the page
is rendered in its final appearance with the fonts scaled to sizes according
to the Konq settings the problem appears

- I've tried different fonts and sizes but nothing seems to affect the
problem.

2. Ugly character display in many web pages (e.g. www.kde.org)
Problem: The characters are blurred.

- No matter what fonts or sizes I try in Konquerors font settings, the problem
remains.

Any hints anyone ?

Thanks,

Lasse