List:       kde-devel
Subject:    CVS version of kdelibs and kdebase won't run
From:       Don Poletti <donp () snip ! net>
Date:       2002-06-27 21:12:04

Note: thanks to Dirk for the help with autoconf.

Warning: I'm a newbie at compiling from cvs

I have arts, kdelibs and kdebase compiled But after I install them
KDE wont run. I get the start up screen but after inilizinf periphials
flashes for a couple times X restarts and I'm back at the login.

Is it typical to install over my regular KDE or can I install it somewher=
else. Can I just install kdelibs and kdebase or do I need to check out
everything. I have a 56K modem so i only want to download the minimum.
The changes I want to work on are in kdebase.