List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Accessing KPrinter dialog settings from custom dialog page
From:       Stephen Allewell <stephen () mirramar ! fsnet ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-05-06 13:18:25

I have written a custom KPrinter dialog page derived from
KPrintDialogPage.  One of the options I have included allows the user
to select the number of 'squares per inch' displayed on a page.  This
has the potential to change the overall number of pages that are
printed, which needs to be conveyed to the user in the form:

Squares per inch <QSpinBox> prints <x> pages

as displayed on the custom page, which will also need to be reflected
in the min max page range to print.  The number of pages can be
calculated, but requires access to the paper size and orientation from
other areas of the dialog outside my custom page.  I have achieved
this by passing a pointer to the KPrinter as a parameter to my custom
page constructor and using the relevant access functions.  However it
will also be necessary to recalculate the number of pages if the
orientation or paper size is changed.  There doesn't seem to be any
obvious way for a custom page to be notified of changes to these other
values (via SIGNALS).  Does anyone know of a work around for this, or
perhaps I have overlooked something.

regards, and thanks for any help

Steve