I have written a custom KPrinter dialog page derived from KPrintDialogPage. One of the options I have included allows the user to select the number of 'squares per inch' displayed on a page. This has the potential to change the overall number of pages that are printed, which needs to be conveyed to the user in the form: Squares per inch prints pages as displayed on the custom page, which will also need to be reflected in the min max page range to print. The number of pages can be calculated, but requires access to the paper size and orientation from other areas of the dialog outside my custom page. I have achieved this by passing a pointer to the KPrinter as a parameter to my custom page constructor and using the relevant access functions. However it will also be necessary to recalculate the number of pages if the orientation or paper size is changed. There doesn't seem to be any obvious way for a custom page to be notified of changes to these other values (via SIGNALS). Does anyone know of a work around for this, or perhaps I have overlooked something. regards, and thanks for any help Steve >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<