List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: substituting install directory in .o files possible?
From:       Andy Goossens <andygoossens () pandora ! be>
Date:       2002-05-06 12:54:22

On Monday 06 May 2002 14:21, Volker Augustin wrote:
> Nick Katsamas wrote:
> > I just try ccache (http://ccache.samba.org/).
>
> To try it, I did the following:
> export CC="ccache gcc"
> export CXX="ccache g++"

<snip>

> The problem is the "c++" before -Wnon-virtual-dtor. I have no clue where it
> stems from :-(
>
> Any ideas?

You can symlink gcc, c++, g++, cc, ... to ccache. ccache is smart enough to
know which compiler to use. No need to set those environment variables, or to
alter makefiles. I've done it that way and I found no problems.

Note: $PATH is your friend :-)

--
Andy Goossens -- andygoossens at softhome dot net

"Use the Source, Luke..."