List:       kde-devel
Subject:    ccache (was Re: substituting install directory in .o files possible?)
From:       Andreas Simon <yuipx () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-05-06 13:18:47

On Monday 06 May 2002 14:21, Volker Augustin wrote:
> Nick Katsamas wrote:
> > On Saturday 04 May 2002 04:00, Carsten Wolff wrote:
> >> Maybe you want to try a compiler cache? (I never did, so don't ask me

Some weeks ago I tried ccache for compiling kde. Because
ccache doesn't supported all compile flags which the kde
build system uses the gain was marginal (actually the compile
time savings were below my perception but I haven't made
any time measurements). After compiling most of the kde
modules the whole cache was about 20 MB `big' and the by
far most hit statistical entry was "compile option not
supported"). That number gives you a first impression of the
cache's efficiency.

Cheers,
Andreas