List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Application execution speed notes.
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2002-04-10 16:03:07

On Wednesday 10 April 2002 17:52, Sean Pecor wrote:
> I'm attempting to establish what sort of performance improvements a user
> can achieve with KDE by compiling KDE and its dependencies w/ optimizations
> etc. Right now the biggest perceived performance problem is the startup
> delay which is pretty substantial for some applications. I want to avoid
> temporary hacks like objprelink.

I did not notice any difference between a KDE3 build using --enable-debug=full
without optimisations and --disable-debug --enable-final --enable-objprelink
with compiler optimisations. If there is any difference at all, it is not
noticable, at least not by me, so I am switching back to debug builds all
over.. :-)

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "This [party] is your idea of hell?"
cap@capsi.com | "Actually, in hell you tend to know a lot of the people"