List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Application execution speed notes.
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2002-04-10 16:29:57

> I did not notice any difference between a KDE3 build using --enable-debug=full
> without optimisations and --disable-debug --enable-final --enable-objprelink
> with compiler optimisations. If there is any difference at all, it is not
> noticable, at least not by me, so I am switching back to debug builds all
> over.. :-)
Hi!
  I noticed app startup time speedup when I started to use objprelink. However,
I'm afraid that with my move to gcc-3.0.4 I noticed slowdown to approx. the
same speed as with no objprelink. I'm really curious whether gcc-3.0.4
object files are still prelinkable, or whether using objprelink on them is just
no-op. Is there a chance to verify objprelink's functionality ?
                                             With regards, Pavel Troller