On Wednesday 10 April 2002 17:52, Sean Pecor wrote: > I'm attempting to establish what sort of performance improvements a use= r > can achieve with KDE by compiling KDE and its dependencies w/ optimizat= ions > etc. Right now the biggest perceived performance problem is the startup > delay which is pretty substantial for some applications. I want to avoi= d > temporary hacks like objprelink. I did not notice any difference between a KDE3 build using --enable-debug= =3Dfull=20 without optimisations and --disable-debug --enable-final --enable-objprel= ink=20 with compiler optimisations. If there is any difference at all, it is not= =20 noticable, at least not by me, so I am switching back to debug builds all= =20 over.. :-) Rob --=20 Rob Kaper | "This [party] is your idea of hell?" cap@capsi.com | "Actually, in hell you tend to know a lot of the people" www.capsi.com | -- Cordelia and Angel, "She" >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<