List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KPovModeler ready for KDE3.1
From:       Andreas Zehender <zehender () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-03-30 10:55:06

Hi!

On Friday 29 March 2002 22:50, David Faure wrote:
> I was told that KPovModeler requires Qt with openGL support. Is that
> correct?

Yes.

> This is quite a difficult problem then, because Qt+openGL gave much
> trouble already in the past, in particular with nsplugins (IIRC openGL
> and motif both provide the same symbol, leading to crashes).
>
> Or does KPovModeler use openGL directly, without the need for openGL
> support in Qt? (this would solve the problem, but I don't know what it
> means technically).

I use the QGL* classes to create the opengl windows and contexts.
I didn't managed to create the opengl stuff myself.

I never had problems with the QT OpenGL extension and nobody reported any.
But I will try to use OpenGL without the help of Qt if that is a problem.

Anyway, the default configure arguments in qt-copy do not contain
--no-opengl any more. Are you sure this problem still exits in Qt3.x?

Greetings, Andreas

PS: You don't have to CC to me. I am subscribed to kde-devel but not to
kde-doc-english.