List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KPovModeler ready for KDE3.1
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-03-29 21:50:30

On Friday 29 March 2002 21:22, Andreas Zehender wrote:
> Hi!
>
> (CC-ing this to kde-doc-english because of the user documentation issue,
> see below)
>
> KPovModeler is ready for KDE3.1.
>
> KPovModeler is a modeling and composition program for creating povray
> scenes for KDE. It supports almost all povray 3.1 objects and textures
> now. It is stable like a rock in the current development state.
>
> See http://www.kpovmodeler.org for further information and screenshots.
>
> I just committed the final kde3/qt3 port. It compiles without problems
> with -DQT_NO_COMPAT and -DKDE_NO_COMPAT.
>
> The requirements are listed in the REQUIREMENTS file in the top level
> source tree. Can anyone check the configure.in.in file? I am pretty
> unfamiliar with the build system.
>
> Can the application be moved directly on the CVS server? I don't want to
> loose the file history. The application is in kdenonbeta/kpovmodeler and
> should be moved to kdegraphics.

I was told that KPovModeler requires Qt with openGL support. Is that correct?

This is quite a difficult problem then, because Qt+openGL gave much trouble
already in the past, in particular with nsplugins (IIRC openGL and motif
both provide the same symbol, leading to crashes).

Or does KPovModeler use openGL directly, without the need for openGL
support in Qt? (this would solve the problem, but I don't know what it means
technically).

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/