List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Trash bin location
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-01-21 17:55:41

On Monday 21 January 2002 18:38, Claes Holmerson wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I was just reading an interesting article on usability and came to wonder
> why the trash bin resides on the desktop. Historical reasons of course.
> It has been there since the dawn of Mac, perhaps even longer. But now we
> have Kicker, and Kicker is always visible. It would be much easier if the
> trash bin lived on Kicker, because then it would not be neccessary to move
> windows around in order to see both the trash bin and the file to throw
> away. (That is the biggest problem with drag and drop in my opinion). The
> same thinking can be applied to printers etc.

Note that you can already configure your KDE that way.
Use "Configure Desktop" to change the Path to the trashbin, e.g. put it in
~/.kde
Then you should be able to add a folder to kicker - hmm, a .desktop file
pointing to a folder, I don't know how well kicker supports this.

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david, http://www.konqueror.org
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops