List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Trash bin location
From:       Claes Holmerson <claes () it-slav ! net>
Date:       2002-01-21 17:38:57

Hello!

I was just reading an interesting article on usability and came to wonder
why the trash bin resides on the desktop. Historical reasons of course.
It has been there since the dawn of Mac, perhaps even longer. But now we
have Kicker, and Kicker is always visible. It would be much easier if the
trash bin lived on Kicker, because then it would not be neccessary to move
windows around in order to see both the trash bin and the file to throw
away. (That is the biggest problem with drag and drop in my opinion). The
same thinking can be applied to printers etc.

In the longer run I have more ideas how an easy accessible trash bin can
be used, but I save those ideas until I know what others think of this
suggestion.

Regards,
Claes